Re: Not enough host controller resources for new device state.

Hi, (ever so awesome and we are all super unworthy) - Kernel peoples!

I have found this dmesg error message which appears to be written in
the xHCI host controller. (or maybe it originated in EHCI, i don't
know.)

None the less the issue is: "Not enough host controller resources for
new device state"
I noticed from a few git repos. that this is in the xhci.c file that
the code has below it:
  FIXME: can we allocate more resources for the HC?

Anyway, the git has Sarah Sharp on it. Sarah, are you on this mailing list?

So I would really like to know how to get some more of these pretty
resources... if its possible at all?

I am running Kernal 3.11.0-12-generic, but am happy to change if I have to.

A very brief summary is that I'm trying to connect 16 CDC usb devices
to one machine.
( I do engineering for artists and I build these: http://vimeo.com/60491636 )

I have a full description of my investigations on serverfault.com

http://serverfault.com/questions/583528/not-enough-host-controller-resources-for-new-device-state

I'm really at a loss here on where to go next with this and I have a
major international airport coming up to Stockholm next week to see
some of my work.

best regards.
David Cox