Disconnect issue with USB Audio - xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with disabled ep ffff88042763d280

Hi there,

After much googling I'm reporting this issue here, as I believe (but
certainly am not sure) its the best place.

I've produced a gist to track this issue at
https://gist.github.com/diabolo/9538091, if you need extra information
I'm happy to add it there and/or include it in this thread.

My audio system is a USB DAC connected to a USB port on a Gigabyte
z87x-d3h motherboard. OS is Arch Linux, with a very minimal setup.

Symptoms are that USB audio works fine using both Chromium and
Deadbeef, then audio stops working entirely. Unplugging the devices
usb connection restores audio. This seems to happen after a period of
non-use, but the computer is on all the time and is not suspending

Small snippet of dmesg (more in gist) shows:

[371311.958865] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called
with disabled ep ffff8803d2db6680
[371311.958867] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: Trying to add endpoint 0x2
without dropping it.
[371311.958868] usb 3-9.2: Not enough bandwidth for altsetting 1

I'm not a particularly experienced Arch user, so am aware that this
could be something to do with that and am happy to be pointed in other
directions. Hopefully the gist you will give sufficient information to
decide whether that is appropriate.

Thankyou all for you contribution to Linux

All best