Re: reset_resume() for btusb

On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 10:11 -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Oliver Neukum wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 15:18 +0000, Poulain, Loic wrote:
> > > My thought was to fix the usbcore rebind issue (with pm_runtime)
> > > to let the core unbind and rebind the device's interfaces for drivers
> > > with no reset_resume callback (not only btusb).
> >
> > Those functions seem to be independent.
>
> Which functions are you referring to?

reset_resume() and the ability to deal with errors
in the resume code paths. I should have written functionalities.

> > Alan, perhaps the core code should honor QUIRK_RESET and unbind
> > if it is set. Then hid2hci could set the flag.
>
> You mean, if QUIRK_RESET is set then don't bother doing a reset-resume?
> Just logically disconnect the device?

No, rebind. This bug
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/26/347
seems to indicate a problem in that area.

> Why would that be better than unbinding and rebinding the driver?

It isn't. But now that you are asking, you remind me. What about
the port power off code? Does it need to look at QUIRK_RESET?

	Regards
		Oliver