Re: reset_resume() for btusb

On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 08:05 +0000, Peter Chen wrote:
>  >
> > On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 15:18 +0000, Poulain, Loic wrote:

> > > Implementing the btusb reset_resume seems risky, a patch implementing
> > > this callback has been previously reverted due to HID dual mode device
> > > regression. (cf https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/26/347)
> >
> > Alan, perhaps the core code should honor QUIRK_RESET and unbind if it is
> > set. Then hid2hci could set the flag.
> >

> It will cause reset every time, just like Poulain said, some devices may
> only fail at rare cases.

True, but that is the point. We cannot tell devices apart.
If we know reset_resume() will fail, there's no point in the attempt.
If we take the premise that a class driver ought to have reset_resume()
then we need a way to identify the hopeless cases.

In addition there is the problem that a driver isn't told why
reset_resume() is called.

	Regards
		Oliver