Re: musb - high CPU load in DMA mode and dropouts during audio playback

Hi George,

I did few more tests and have further details for you.
This time i modified my build procedure and according to Felipe's hint, I used ti-linux-3.12.y branch from TI repository and also clean 3.14-rc6 kernel, where i subsequently tried additional unmerged patches. With ti-linux-3.12.y I didn't notice any of CPU usage or stability, 80-90%, dropouts. Latest kernel behaved differently, CPU usage is low and audio after DAC is total rubbish (constant level noise). After playing with additional patches, i've found, that modifications in your third patch for different isochronous packet handling https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/1/24/187
causes high load.

So it looks like, without this patch, hrtimer trick for compensation of early interrupt doesn't work and samples gets garbled during transfers (albeit i don't have HW USB analyzer to prove it). Alternative with fifo checking and workqueue, unfortunately hogs CPU.

Thanks,

Michal