MAX3421E: device giving NAKs forever?

So the MAX3421E driver is working quite well but one problem I'm
seeing is that after running devices for a while, they seem to get
into a mode where a bulk out transfer gets stuck soliciting and
endless stream of NAKs.  The MAX3421E retries NAK'd transfers in the
next frame again, only to get the same response, forever.  I see this
both with a mass storage device and a WIFI adapter (which is
specifically advertised as being USB 1.1 compatible).  Anybody have
any ideas where that might be coming from?

  --david
--
eGauge Systems LLC, http://egauge.net/, 1.877-EGAUGE1, fax 720.545.9768