Re: BUG: USB Reset-Resume Mechanism does not work for runtime resume

On Thu, 2014-03-06 at 10:20 -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, Peter Chen wrote:
>
> > If the autosuspend supported device can't respond resume correctly, eg,
> > after resume, it can't respond GET_STATUS correctly in this case, the
> > .reset_resume interface is a must for class driver, it just like a
> > workaround for broken hardware.
>
> I agree completely.  Now you just need to convince the btusb
> maintainer.  :-)

If there's a need to reset the device, then we don't know for how
long it was unfunctional and the connection to the network is lost.
There's no point in resuming the device.

In theory we can do it, if the device was down anyway, but even then
no benefit is derived. If a btusb device used reset_resume(),
it would better be reenumerated anyway.

	Regards
		Oliver