Re: USB to Serial converter code pl2303

Am 19.02.2014 18:14, schrieb Johan Hovold:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 06:05:54PM +0100, Karsten Malcher wrote:
Am 19.02.2014 18:00, schrieb Johan Hovold:
I need an adapter that can handle 2400 Baud to talk to the
ft639/ede639 servo controller chip or possibly a pl2303 driver
that is improved.
The pl2303-driver can handle 2400 baud, but not sure exactly what baud
rates are available for a cloned/pirated pl2303 chip (if that is what
you've got). 115200 baud should be supported, though.
We have tested different baud rates with the PL2303HX china clones.
All are working including non standard baud rates.
Ok, good, so 2400 baud should work.

Yes - this should be no problem with every usb converter.
I have different one and all of them are usable now.

But the non standard baud rates are only available with the modified
driver from Frank Schäfer.
What driver is that? The latest clone-related patch from Frank that I've
seen stated:

	"According to Prolific, several (unauthorized) cheap and less
	 functional clones of the PL2303HX chip are in circulation. [1]
	 I've had the chance to test such a cloned device and it turned
	 out that it doesn't support any baud rates above 115200 baud
	 (original: 6 Mbaud) It also doesn't support the divisior based
	 baud rate encoding method, so no continuous baud rate adjustment
	 is possible."

That's a good question.
He send me a special debug version that gives all registers of the PL2303HX after the plugin.
I think it is better when Frank directly suffer us with his latest version.

Cheers
Karsten

Thanks,
Johan