Re: Any change on REAPURB ioctl since 3.11.0?

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014, Steven Xiao wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Can you please elaborate why this change about handling NRDY was
> introduced into Linux 3.11?

As far as I know, there have been no changes introduced into 3.11 that
affect the way NRDY is handled.  But I'm not an expert on the xhci-hcd
driver.  You should ask the driver's maintainer.

>  Or is there a bug number tracking this
> change?

Not that I know of.

>  In my understanding, NRDYs are sent by the device to indicate
> that the endpoint is not ready to send or receive packets.  When the
> host receives an NRDY, the attempt of reaping URB should be blocked,
> because no URBs are completed at that point, until it receives ERDY.

That's right.  Are you sure your device didn't send an ERDY after it
sent NRDY?

Alan Stern