RE: PROBLEM: XHCI Host Controller on Intel Panther Point with CDC/ACM dead after massive NAK

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Kasberger Andreas wrote:

> > Ah, I see the reason for your confusion.
> >
> > On USB buses, Wireshark captures URBs, not packets. An URB can contain
> > multiple packets. In this case, there was a single URB containing two
> > data packets. Each packet was 64 bytes, and the URB was 128 bytes.
>
> Ok Alan. Now that is clear for me.
>
> I am looking like crazy on the usbmon data. But no error is popping up in my eyes.�
> I get no status message back except 0 and -2. And both are what I would expect.
> Other status message like -115 just popping up in SUBMISSION but this is normal.
>
> The only thing what I can think there is a HW-bug in Intel EHCI-part. At NEC controller everything is going fine for hours
>
> I fear without a real USB analyzer I will be not able to see any stuff that would help me. I even cannot see any ACK/NAK and something like that in usbmon.
>
> Does my log means it has nothing to do with kernel itself ?

Maybe you're experiencing a problem with link power management.  Some
changes were just merged into Greg KH's development tree (the usb-linus
branch), and they should appear in the next 3.14-rc release.  You could
try either one of those.  Or you could try building a kernel without
CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME, which will disable link power management.

Alan Stern