Re: USB storage vanilla kernel 3.13 hang on DELL PRECISION M6400

Am Mittwoch, den 12.02.2014, 08:28 -0800 schrieb Greg KH:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 05:20:10PM +0100, Stefani Seibold wrote:

> > > Oops, I'll try to reproduce and investigate. Thanks for the
> > > investigations!!!
> > >

> > I think the problem has maybe to do with the threadirqs kernel
> > parameter.
>
> I don't think threaded irqs work very well with USB, can you try turning
> that off and seeing if the issue goes away?

I use threaded irqs since more than two years without any problem. It
works with OHCI, UHCI, EHCI and XHCI.

This was the first time that an problem occurred.

And yes, the issues goes away when no thread irqs are used (with and
without the patch).

- Stefani