Re: 30 sec boot delay and logitech mouse disconnection

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014, glphvgacs wrote:

> i don't know what i'm looking for but i was listening to bus2 while kprinf
> was giving disconnect msg:
>
> http://bpaste.net/show/171349/
>
> and see the attached for repeated blocks of msg (device number gets
> incremented by 1)

Yes, that's right.  The mouse was on bus 2.

The trace shows that the mouse appears, and then apparently is unused.
It kind of looks as though the mouse goes into runtime suspend, but not
entirely.  After 60 seconds, the mouse disconnects itself and then
reconnects a little later.

Does the mouse work at all?  From what I can tell in the usbmon trace,
nothing would happen if you moved it or pressed a button.

Is the mouse enabled for runtime suspend?  Yuo can find out by reading
the file /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.6/power/control.  If the file
contains "auto", try writing "on" to it.

Alan Stern