Re: Asymmetric speed results with testusb/usbtest/g_zero

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 07:41:27PM +0800, Conor O'Gorman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing peak rates of about 50 Mbps write speeds, and 150 Mbps read.
> Setup is host AMD SB700/SB800/Hudson-2/3 and Atheros SoC, using testusb
> tool with usbtest module and g_zero gadget module on TI AM335x.
>
> Is this to be expected?
> Is this a limitation of the controllers or the test setup?

Most likely should be limitation of driver.

> Can anyone point me at speed numbers for testusb/usbtest/g_zero?

I can provide you figures with dwc3 in high speed mode.

Bulk In - 257 Mbps (testusb -a -c 10 -t 2 -s 512000 completes in 0.159
sec)
Bulk out - 130 Mbps (testusb -a -c 10 -t 1 -s 512000 completes in 0.315
sec)

pattern=2 option does not verify data.If you use pattern=2 with both
g_zero and usbtest module, you can achieve Bulk Out also as 257 Mbps,
while for Bulk In you can reach to 290 Mbps. But if I remember well,
there was some minor bug with pattern=2 implementation. I had fixed it
locally and probably forgot to upstream.

Using bigger buflen with g_zero (may be buflen=409600) you can reach
to 344 Mbps while Bulk In and a slight improvement with Bulk Out
(271).

Regards
Pratyush