Documentation contribution guidelines and suggestions?

Greetings

I am a student intern in CERN and currently work on Overlay FS related improvements in CERNVM-FS project (cvmfs repo on Github).
I want to expand the documentation for Overlay FS by adding a paragraph to redirect_dir passage with an explanation to which values the attribute could be set by a system in cases of merely renaming a directory and moving a directory to a different directories subtree. As well I want to add a bit of details to metacopy option description regarding files that are landed in the upper level directory with this feature being turned on after metadata modification. Are there any nuances that I should read about contributing to documentation on top of the linux kernel doc-guide? I have never contributed to linux repo before and just want to clarify.

Best wishes,
Yuriy