Re: [GIT PULL] overlayfs update for 6.7

On Sun, 5 Nov 2023 at 22:50, Amir Goldstein <amir73il@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - Overlayfs aio cleanups and fixes [1]
>
> - Overlayfs lock ordering changes [2]
>
> - Add support for nesting overlayfs private xattrs [3]
>
> - Add new mount options for appending lowerdirs [4]
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230912173653.3317828-1-amir73il@xxxxxxxxx/
> [2] https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230816152334.924960-1-amir73il@xxxxxxxxx/
> [3] https://lore.kernel.org/r/cover.1694512044.git.alexl@xxxxxxxxxx/
> [4] https://lore.kernel.org/r/20231030120419.478228-1-amir73il@xxxxxxxxx/

*Please* don't make me have to follow links just to see basic details.

Merge messages should stand on their own, not just point to "look,
here are the details in our lore archives". Yes, even when having
internet access is much more common, there are situations where it's
not there or is slow. Or maybe lore has issues. Or maybe people just
don't want to switch to a browser to look up details that may or may
not be relevant to them.

I copied the relevant stuff into my merge, but please don't make me do
this next time. Just give me a merge message with the details spelled
out, not some link to a cover letter for a patch series.

             Linus