Re: [Bug report] overlayfs: cannot rename symlink if lower filesystem is FUSE/NFS

(Sending again in plain-text mode because previous email was blocked)

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help! I tested the easy fix (i.e. to ignore ENXIO,
see git diff here [1]), and can confirm it worked. The setup is the
same as the repro steps I mentioned above, so I am only pasting the
last step here:

```
ruiwen@instance-1:/tmp # mv merged/home/ruiwen/foolink
merged/home/ruiwen/foolink2
ruiwen@instance-1:/tmp # ls -l merged/home/ruiwen/ -l
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Sep  1 18:46 foo
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Sep  1 18:47 foolink2 -> foo
```

I also checked dmesg and can confirm that there is no error. I can
send out a PR for this fix. Meanwhile I have a followup question on
the source of ENXIO.

Amir - you mentioned that ENXIO might come from no_open() default
->open() method. I found no_open in fs/inode.c returned ENXIO [2], but
cannot connect it to ovl_security_fileattr. If the error happens on
every open, then it will happen on even reading the symlink, instead
of only moving it, right? Can you elaborate on no_open() default
->open() method?

[1] https://gist.github.com/ruiwen-zhao/93ebe0b4ad20fab005d0300e9f0194c2

[2] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/b84acc11b1c9552c9ca3a099b1610a6018619332/fs/inode.c#L145

Thanks,