Re: nfs_export Stale file handle

 bumping into this again, and now I have more stable .. thing.

my stack of dirs:
base - copy of files from raspios-buster-armhf-lite.img
setup - config files my setup adds
updates - apt update/upgrade
play - random things I am testing

work - overlayfs working dir
merged - overlayfs mount point

I cp files in base and setup,
mount base setup updates play on mounted
write some files into mounted

Now I want to undo:
rm play work merged
mkdir play work merged
mount...
error Stale file handle.

juser@negk:~$ sudo ./test.sh
+ rm -rf /srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/play /srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/work
/srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/merged
+ mkdir /srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/play /srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/work
/srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/merged
+ mount -t overlay overlay -o
nfs_export=on,lowerdir=/srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/base:/srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/setup,upperdir=/srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/updates,workdir=/srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/work
/srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/merged
mount: /srv/nfs/rpi/buster/boot/merged: mount(2) system call failed:
Stale file handle.
[ 1602.271239] overlayfs: failed to verify origin (boot/base,
ino=4194652, err=-116)
[ 1602.271244] overlayfs: failed to verify upper root origin

--
Carl K