Re: Getting WIP aops branch(ovl-aops-wip) in shape for merging.

On 8/27/20 1:48 PM, Chengguang Xu wrote:

---- On 星期四, 2020-08-27 15:36:46 Ritesh Harjani<riteshh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ----

    <riteshh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:riteshh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     >>> Sounds like a plan.

     >>> Nice. I will be giving a talk on new overlayfs features on the
    containers track.
     >>> I guess there won't be much in the hallway tracks this year...
     >>

     >> I went over almost all patches which you have in ovl-aops-wip
    branch.
     >> For now I have only ported some of the straight forward patches,
     >> since I had few queries on those other patches and one was mainly
     >> w.r.t. metadata only feature functionality.
     >>

     > Those questions you can also ask Vivek if you find him in LPC...

    Sure, thanks. Will try to check with Vivek.

     >> Do you have sometime today to discuss about it in any of the LPC
    hacker
     >> room? I was thinking maybe discussing this in person will help a
    lot.

     > I agree that a video meetup can be useful to kickoff this effort,
    but
     > it is preferred if Chengguang can also attend, because it feels like
     > you guys need to collaborate.
     >
     >> Any preferred slot? I could not find you online on LPC chat area,
     >> we can as well discuss the slot there. But I am fine with any of
    the LPC
     >> timings.
     >>

     > I cannot do LPC times today or tomorrow, but the hacker rooms are
     > open and judging by the time of your email you may be closer to my
     > time zone, so if you want to schedule a meeting somewhere in the
    next
     > 5 hours, I can join. (7:00-12:00 UTC).
     >
     > Otherwise, we can always schedule a call outside of LPC, where
     > participants not registered to LPC will be able to join
    (Chengguang?).

    I agree. Yes, 7:00 - 12:00 UTC works for me.

    @Chengguang,
    Could you please tell if 7:00 - 12:00 UTC works for you? If yes, then
    shall we meet once to discuss about aops implementation for overlayfs.
    Is today 11:am UTC ok with you? If yes, then shall we meet today using
    below link?

    https://meet.google.com/txn-hbjg-zgx

    11:am UTC is fine for me,I’ll be there if there’s nothing special.

Ok, gr8. Then let's meet at 11:am UTC timing on the same google meetup link
https://meet.google.com/txn-hbjg-zgx

-ritesh