Inode limitation for overlayfs

​Hello,

On container use case, in order to prevent inode exhaustion on host file system by particular containers,  we would like to add inode limitation for containers.
However,  current solution for inode limitation is based on project quota in specific underlying filesystem so it will also count deleted files(char type files) in overlay's upper layer.
Even worse, users may delete some lower layer files for getting more usable free inodes but the result will be opposite (consuming more inodes).

It is somewhat different compare to disk size limitation for overlayfs, so I think maybe we can add a limit option just for new files in overlayfs. What do you think?
If you guys think it is reasonable solution I can post a RFC patch for review.

Thanks,
cgxu