Re: information of statfs

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 8:17 AM, Chengguang Xu <cgxu519@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is just my suggestion, in ovl_statfs() isn’t it better to set
> below fields(indicating available free resource) to zero when overlayfs
> doesn’t have upper fs?Because overlayfs can not occupy resource in
> lower stack fs anymore, I think it can reduce the possibility of
> misunderstanding from caller.

I see the logic in your proposal, but I don't think that behavior is consistent
w.r.t other fs that are mounted readonly.
In what way is an overlay mount with no upper different than any fs that
is mounted readonly?
statfs from a readonly fs returns non-zero free blocks even though write is
not possible.
The user gets a different error when trying to write (EROFS) and not
ENOSPC, so where do you see a chance of misunderstanding from caller?

Thanks,
Amir.