unionmount-testsuite: backward compat support for REDIRECT_DIR=n

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Amir Goldstein <amir73il@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Right.
>>> I have given some though about what's the best way to handle this.
>>> Probably need a test flag --noredirect. I'll add this to my TODO...
>>>
>>> BTW, I try to keep the branch overlayfs-devel uptodate for testing
>>> latest features. It could be rebased, but I'll make an effort not to.
>>> If there is a need for a more stable non-rewindable branch, let me know.
>>
>> I think would be good if you maintain "master" branch of your tree up
>> to date and hopefully that's stable so that later git pull does not talk
>> about conflicts. We can then use your tree for setting a baseline and
>> detecting regressions.
>>
>> CCing Dave Howells, in case he is interested in continuing to update his
>> tree as overlayfs kernel development takes place.
>>

> OK. declaring branch master on my tree 'ff-only':
> https://github.com/amir73il/unionmount-testsuite/tree/master

Vivek,

I added support for running my maser branch with old kernels
or with REDIRECT_DIR=n.

User needs to request backward compat mode explicitly.
When using new command line arg --xdev,
dir rename tests that would return EXDEV are skipped.

User will get a hint to use the new flag when such a test fails, e.g.:

root@kvm-xfstests:~/unionmount-testsuite# ./run --ov rename-empty-dir
***
*** ./run --ov --ts=0 rename-empty-dir
***
TEST rename-empty-dir.py:10: Rename empty dir and rename back
 ./run --rename /mnt/a/empty100 /mnt/a/no_dir100
/mnt/a/empty100: Unexpected error: Invalid cross-device link; Run
tests with --xdev to skip dir rename tests

Updated my master branch.

The new head of the master branch is commit:

  be7354d Use ./run --ov --xdev for backward compat mode

Cheers,
Amir.