Re: Stable inode numbers

Vito Caputo:
> ...  That is the lens I view
> overlayfs problems like these through, hence I'd prefer a more general
> solution with stable inode numbers making overlayfs behavior more
> consistent with the filesystems backing it.

You may want to try aufs instead of overlayfs since aufs has a such
feature called XINO (external inode number). It is working well for over
a decade, but some users set 'noxino' mount option which makes aufs not
to use XINO. Because XINO consumes some disk space, and if XINO file is
placed on tmpfs, then it means consuming memory.

J. R. Okajima