Re: About rtla osnoise and timerlat usage

On 2/22/23 09:39, Prasad Pandit wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate it.
>
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 at 17:30, Daniel Bristot de Oliveira <bristot@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bristot@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     This is the timerlat's timer, so it is expected. What this trace is pointing is to
>     a possible exit from idle latency... so idle tune is required for this system
>     and *this metric*... but
>

> * Idle tune?

ops, I did not reply to this: idle tuning is configuring the system to avoid deep idle states.

An easy way to do it is either setting idle=poll or enabling the "--dma-latency 0" in timerlat.

But this is only a "problem" for timerlat/cyclictest, not for oslat/osnoise as they measure
the noise as they run - so they CPU does not go idle.