Re: trace-cmd: Using the python wrapping to read trace markers

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:47:09 +0300
Tzvetomir Stoyanov <tz.stoyanov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Sharon,
>

> > We are using this article to generate trace markers:
> > https://lwn.net/Articles/366796/
> >
> > I am responsible for reading the trace.dat binary into our tools and we are using the trace-cmd python wrapping.
>
> The trace-cmd python wrappers are auto generated. The logic for that
> may not be up to date, so I do not know what is the current state of
> those wrappers.

Thanks Tzvetomir for responding, and yes, trace-cruncher is something
to look at in this case.

Sharon,

I and many others that could help out with the wrapper code are
currently attending Linux Plumbers in Dublin (https://lpc.events), and
are not able to look into this at the moment. If we remember ( ;-) )
we'll look at this in a couple of weeks.

-- Steve