Re: stream based live time synchronized tracing?

On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 09:28:48 -0400
Alexander Aring <aahringo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am curious if there is any way of getting time synchronized traces
> in a kind of stream based communication like pipes, sockets, etc. and
> get high level event representation as ?libtraceevent? provides. I
> would like to get all "merged" events from all machines provided by -A
> parameters. I think it isn't required to get them in order, but the
> timestamp should be synchronized.

Are these for guests, or machines on a network?

> I could probably build something like that with libtracecmd to have it
> directly implemented in an application, but I am curious if there
> exists any interest in having such a feature upstream? E.g. having
> additional parameters like '--tsync-interval'.
>
> A use-case would be live capturing of time synchronized events or what
> I have in my mind to collect stats and doing kernel runtime
> optimizations.

So basically not save to a file? Just record the events live and interleave
them for different machines?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for. Can you please elaborate some
more?

Thanks,

-- Steve