Could you give me some hints about where the actual problem takes place? Is the problem with "Perf" or the hardware part (i.e., "Hardware Performance Counters")? Can I revise the problem by simply modifying the code? How much work is needed?

Your suggestions will be appreciated, because your experience and knowledge in this area is much more.

Regards.

On 2020-03-23 14:33, ahmadkhorrami wrote:

Hi,
It seems that my previous e-mail is not sent, properly. So, here is a link to the stackoverflow question:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60766026/wrong-perf-backtraces

The perf is for Ubuntu 18.04 with the following "uname -a" output:
Linux Ahmad-Laptop 5.0.0-37-generic #40~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 14 12:06:39 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I also used a compiled Linux-5.4.7 kernel and its corresponding Perf tool.

Regards.