Re: PATCH [0/4] perf: clean-up of power events API

Hello,

On 10/07/2010 05:58 PM, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:
> I really feel uncomfortable with this tracepoint/ABI problem....
> Mathieu suggested we start a user library that could handle these
> changes when they are really necessary.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> (Adding Tejun in Cc).

Given that tracepoints are supposed to make internal operation
visible.  I don't think it's a good idea to make it part of fixed ABI.
Maybe some core part can be put in stone but I think things like
internal workqueue implementation should be changeable without
worrying about ABI issues.

Thanks.

--
tejun