Re: trace-cmd build fails due to due make 'not recursively expanding'

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 11:15:38AM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Friday 2022-11-25 10:20, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> >
> >trace-cmd stop building and due to make getting stuck in loop
> >and complaining with:
> >
> >  $ make -d
> >  Makefile:79: not recursively expanding pkgconfig_dir to export to shell function
> >
> >I don't really know what's going on. Any ideas?
>
> https://lists.opensuse.org/archives/list/factory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/FPNDORIL6NDJD3HFQ76LQBIRBCWVG6TV/
> (I already informed Steven last night via email. / Wasn't aware there
> is a linux-trace-devel@)

Oops, didn't check the factory mailing list first. So there is no easy
workaround.

FWIW, I've got a bunch of initial Meson patches for libtraceevent and
libtracefs. I suppose I should also look at trace-cmd. Steven told me
that he will look at those patches but not before the holiday season.

Daniel