Rotation of instance traces

Hello!

I am seeing something weird with trace instances, that I don't see
with regular non-instance traces.

If I enable some sched events and set the buffer size to something
tiny, like 1KB, I am expecting the buffer to rotate quickly as it
overflows, but I don't see that:

  watch "cat trace | head -n 1" and I see the following

https://paste.googleplex.com/6259651512369152?raw

and if I do some heavy workloads, I still see that the top rows are
not moving and are stuck showing the same thing. I am expecting the
buffer to drop old events as it is being overwritten/rotation.

 However if I do a tail on the trace, I do see updates. So tracing is
in progress...

I did the exact same experiment on non-instance global tracing and it
works fine. I confirmed that 'overwrite' is set in the trace_options
of the instance (and non-instance).

This could be some trace formatting issue or another bug? Note I am
reading the tracefs trace file directly and not using trace-cmd for
this.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Joel