Re: Kernelshark v2 all-black plots area

Hi Dario,

On 9.02.21 г. 18:13 ч., Dario Faggioli wrote:
Indeed it does, thanks a lot again.

Now, if I try "KVM Combo Plot":
- I still see super weird results if I use the KVM clock from last
   patch in Tzvetomir series (but I guess I'll report it there).

Can you share a screenshot of the one that looks weird. And please do some deeper zooming because it is very hard to judge about the quality of the sync from such a broad time window.

- If I use PTP, that kind of works.

If I trace a `sleep 1` on the host, the result is like this:

http://xenbits.xen.org/people/dariof/kernelshark-v2-ptp.png

Is this a PTP synchronization?

So, there is ~ 1 sec of data from the guest, coming from trace-cmd
agent. The host, however, went on and traced a little bit longer, even
after closing the connection. It's not too terrible, I'm just curious
whether this is known or it's something weird and it's only me seeing
it.

I think this is normal.

But anyway Ceco (Tzvetomir) is the right person to answer questions about the timestamp synchronization. Unfortunately he is on vacation till the end of the week.

Thanks a lot!
Yordan

Evaluating the correctness and the accuracy of the synchronization is a
little bit of a challenge, especially for me that I'm not used to it.
And, at least in part, because I still don't have this change in the
kernel I'm using right now, so some kvm_entry trace points are not
recorded, which means it's tricky pairing VMEntries and VMExits:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/160873470698.11652.13483635328769030605.stgit@Wayrath/

It should come with 5.11, but I think I'll quickly apply it to the 5.10
that I'm running, to try to understand better hat's going on.