Re: tep_free_plugin_paths() function in libtraceevent

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:29 AM Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
<arnaldo.melo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Em Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 03:08:16AM +0100, Ben Hutchings escreveu:
> > I noticed that the new function tep_free_plugin_paths() is exported
> > from libtraceevent, but is only declared in a private header file.

Hi Ben,
The tep_free_plugin_paths() function is supposed to be an internal
function, not an API - that's why it is in a private header. What do you
mean by "exported": the "tep_" prefix, or the fact that it is not static?
I can remove the prefix, if that is what bothers you. The function is
defined in event-plugin.c and is used in event-parse.c, that's why it
cannot be made static without a library redesign.

--
Tzvetomir (Ceco) Stoyanov
VMware Open Source Technology Center