Ftrace plugin for Babeltrace2

Hi everyone,

My name is Philippe and I am an intern at EfficiOs for the summer. This email is

to inform you about my summer project, ask for recommendations and your opinion.

My project will consist of implementing a Babeltrace2 [1] plugin to be able to consume

ftrace traces. The plugin will act as a source component in the babeltrace2 graph system.

I was wondering if you can give me your first thoughts about this project, and

any advice on where to find information to begin with, since I am new to ftrace.

I have already read the doc [2][3][4], but I was wondering if there are more resources

that could help me with my work.

Also, I was wondering which version of libtraceevent I should use. The one in the kernel,

or the one in the trace-cmd repo? My guess would be to take the one in trace-cmd since

there are more recent commits, but I am asking just to make sure.

The major focus of the project will be to match ftrace concepts to babeltrace 2

internal representation.

[1] https://babeltrace.org/

[2] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/tools/lib/traceevent/Documentation

[3] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git/tree/Documentation