Re: Can't use kvm_exit for the host side time stamp

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:22:41 +0000
Tzvetomir Stoyanov <tstoyanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem is that
> vmx_read_l1_tsc_offset() is Intel specific, most probably it is not
> used on non-Intel CPUs.

Correct, but we should be able to easily determine that by checking
which module is loaded (kvm_intel or kvm_amd). I'm sure we can just use
the equivalent for amd.

But again, this needs to be able to work with non-x86 too, which means
at the end, we need to make this configurable. Either by having plugins
loaded by checking what system it is on, and seeing what options are
available.

-- Steve