[RFC] PM Domains: Ensure the provider is resumed first

Hi all,

We recently ran into a problem on Tegra186 where it was failing to
resume from suspend. It turned out that a driver, the Tegra ACONNECT
(drivers/bus/tegra-aconnect.c), was being resumed before the PM domain
provider, the BPMP (drivers/firmware/tegra/bpmp.c), and the Tegra
ACONNECT was trying to enable the PM domain before the provider had been
resumed.

According to commit 4d23a5e84806 it states that 'genpd powers on the PM
domain unconditionally in the system PM resume "noirq" phase'. However,
what I don't see is anything that guarantees that the provider is
resumed before any device that requires power domains. Unless there is
something that I am missing?

Now by default the ACONNECT is resumed during the noirq phase, but I
have tried making it and its child devices, suspend/resume in the normal
system phase but this does not seem to make a difference. So I am
looking for a bit of guidance on how best to fix this.

Thanks
Jon