Re: [RFC] PCI: tegra: Revert raw_violation_fixup for tegra124

Le lun. 20 avr. 2020 à 20:16, Manikanta Maddireddy
<mmaddireddy@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Thank you Nicolas for identifying the patch which caused the CmpltTO.
>
> Little background on the fixup,
>  In the internal testing with dGPU on Tegra124, CmplTO is reported by
> dGPU. This happened because FIFO queue in AFI(AXI to PCIe) module
> get full by upstream posted writes. Back to back upstream writes
> interleaved with infrequent reads, triggers RAW violation and CmpltTO.
> This is fixed by reducing the posted write credits and by changing
> updateFC timer frequency. These settings are fixed after stress test.
>
> In the current case, RTL NIC is also reporting CmplTO. These settings
> seems to be aggravating the issue instead of fixing it.

Seems I've lost track of this  issue.

@Manikanta Maddireddy  Do you plan to have some time to work on this ?

If going with the revert I wonder if I need to revert more completely
the original patch ? Since only tegra124 used the raw_violation_fixup,
should I remove this case and the related function completely or leave
the code as is ? (there will be few unused functions maybe). Given
other fixup have been added at a later time, the full revert is less
trivial.

Right now this partial revert is enough to work reliably with the device.

Thanks for your advice.
I will send a non-RFC version then.