Re: Kernel panic 5.4.0-rc1-next-20191004

Hi.

pá 11. 10. 2019 v 10:37 odesílatel Jon Hunter <jonathanh@xxxxxxxxxx> napsal:

> On 10/10/2019 16:35, Milan Buška wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Kernel compilation for testing on Jetson TX2 Developer Kit
> > resulted in a Kernel panic error.
> > I did the compilation while running the 5.4.0-rc1-next-20191004
> > kernel, which I had previously compiled on the NVIDIA kernel
> > I did the compilation directly on the device (without the cross compilation)
>
> Any chance you could try to bisect this? I understand it is a bit of a
> pain because you need to run the compile every time, but if this is
> failing 100% with this version it would be good to see if it could be
> bisected.
>
> Cheers
> Jon
>
> --
> nvpublic

I turned off the Denver cores and lowered the frequency to 1920000 for
the A57 cores.
The kernel was compiled without errors.
I will still test different combinations of Denver and A57 at
different frequencies.

IMHO is a problem in insufficient CPU cooling.
The compilation took place with the fan off.
Jetson TX2 does not have fan support in the device tree.

But that is another chapter of the problem.

Thank you for your valuable advice.

Milan

--

Remember, no question is too stupid and no problem too small
                           -- We've all been beginners