Re: Unstable Kernel behavior on an ARM based board

On Tue, 2019-03-05 at 20:44 +0500, Embedded Engineer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:31 PM Russell King - ARM Linux admin
> <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Right now, I don't have anything further to add beyond what I've
> > already suggested as causes - this is *definitely* memory
> > corruption
> > either by something else writing to memory, by the CPU writes not
> > properly being stored in RAM or the CPU not being able to reliably
> > read data back from RAM.
>
> Thanks alot for your help, I will try updating u-boot to newer
> version
> so that we can eliminate the chance that u-boot has left something on
> in undesired state.

Sorry, I just saw this thread now. I have quite some TK1 experience
from our Apalis TK1 bring-up. For us mainline U-Boot works quite nicely
but I do remember some magic stuff called RAM repair NVIDIA has done to
their downstream which fixed a strange hang issue we have seen at times
during our extensive validation & verification:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/u-boot-toradex.git/commit/?h=2016.11-toradex&id=df2b46ba248687c208767865abe5fca32a43faaf