Re: Updating arm-smmu.c to support NVIDIA's Xavier

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:51:20AM +0100, Robin Murphy wrote:
> On 2018-09-14 12:07 AM, David Gilhooley wrote:
> >History:
> >
> >NVIDIA’s Xavier (Tegra194) SOC has multiple SMMU instances that must be
> >coordinated together. Specifically, there are two instances of ARM’s
> >MMU-500 shared between coherent DMA devices and one instance of ARM
> >MMU-500 for non-coherent DMA devices. The two MMU-500s were created to
> >double the memory bandwidth of a single MMU-500. This is the reason why
> >Tegra194 does not work with anything but our own Linux fork.

Urgh, you actually went and built this?

Let's just put the things into bypass and move on. I have absolutely no
interest in maintaining upstream driver support for this junk.

If bypass won't do it for you, I think you seriously need to consider
either reworking the smmu driver as a library so you can maintain the
mess yourselves (this might also help with the ongoing PM and errata
threads), or providing your own dma_ops which handle multiple domains
under the hood, although I don't know how feasible that would be.

Will