Re: How to test new bootloaders on Jetson TX1?

On 15.02.2018 15:25, Andreas Färber wrote:
Hi Mikko,

Am 15.02.2018 um 08:56 schrieb Mikko Perttunen:
In the cboot + U-Boot combination, cboot loads U-Boot from the usual
kernel partition (LNX or kernel depending on system), so flashing U-Boot
there should do the trick. I believe this did indeed change in some L4T
version, so the wiki page needs to be updated. Tom should know more
about this.

Thanks for explaining.

The LNX partition is getting a boot.img - what is the relation to the
four U-Boot files? flash.sh source is not really helping here.

cboot is only capable of booting Android .img's so the U-Boot binary (u-boot-dtb.bin according ton Jon) is packaged as one using mkbootimg or similar - I expect flash.sh to do this automatically.

Might any changes to RP1 and/or DTB partitions be necessary to match my
newer U-Boot, or does U-Boot use an internal .dtb these days?

My understanding is that it uses an internal .dtb.

Is there any more efficient way to flash just U-Boot? -k LNX possibly?

That might work. Jon should know the details.

I had played with the -L option before (which mentions u-boot-dtb.bin),
but recall it ran into some form of checksum error on boot when passing
it my file...

I expect Varun to know the details about ATF, but I'll check if I can
find some answer myself.

Thanks again for your efforts.

I found out that ATF and optionally a secure OS (Trusty usually) are contained in the file tos.img. The image contains a padded header, followed by bl31.bin and the secure OS binary concatenated.

The header format should be pretty straightforward to reverse-engineer (need to change some fields specifying lengths), but I'll ask around if we can get a script to generate it released.

Cheers,
Mikko

Regards,
Andreas