Re: Tegra DRM driver is not probing with 4.12 on tegra124

Hi Paul

On 06/07/17 17:15, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> * PGP Signed by an unknown key
>
> As I was investigating why my nyan_big's screen was staying dark when testing
> 4.12, it appeared that the tegra drm driver does not get probed at all on my
> setup (read: host1x_drm_probe never gets called). I have also tested on jetson-
> tk1, with the same result.
>
> I am using a finely-tuned out-of-tree config[0], but it appears (from looking at
> the lack of drm line in the logs) that the same is happening with the tegra and
> multi_v7 defconfigs hooked to kernelci.
>
> First, I am wondering whether the tegra drm driver is probing for anyone
> following this list on any tegra124 device with 4.12. If so, feel free to raise
> your voice so we can find out what is wrong with my setup.
>
> I initially thought that it was caused by missing firmwares (that are now needed
> for falcon/vic support), but disabling that (by removing the &tegra_vic_driver
> entry and associated compatible string in drm.c) does not help.
>
> Hopefully, I will have time to run a bisect this week-end and identify the
> commit that introduced the regression. It would be quite important to get this
> fixed for the 4.13 release.

I have bisected this to ...

commit 700ea5e0e0dd70420a04e703ff264cc133834cba
Merge: 3dc2046ca78b c1ae3cfa0e89
Author: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon Mar 6 06:49:34 2017 -0300

    Merge tag 'v4.11-rc1' into patchwork

I am not sure if something went wrong with the above merge, but it
definitely seems to be coming from the media tree [0].

Cheers
Jon

[0] https://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/

--