Re: regulator: core: Request GPIO before creating sysfs entries

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 01:22:38PM +0000, Jon Hunter wrote:

> It appears that commit daad134d6649 ("regulator: core: Request GPIO
> before creating sysfs entries") breaks boot on tegra124-nyan-big in
> -next today.

Please when reporting problems provide some concrete description of the
problem you are trying to report, for example a boot log.  This makes it
much easier to understand the problem you are trying to report.  I see
there is more information further down the thread but it's good to get
this stuff in the initial report.

> Looking at the change, it does not appear that the exit path has been
> updated correctly and so if a regulator is deferred then there is a
> crash in the exit path. I am not sure that there is a simple way to

Again, please be specific about the analysis you have done - in this
case what specifically is the crash?

> workaround this because of fix from commit 53032dafc6b9 ("regulator
> core: fix double-free in regulator_register() error path") unless we
> move regulator_ena_gpio_free() into regulator_dev_release().

That seems like a sensible idea, do you forsee a problem doing that?