Re: [RFC 0/9] i2c: slave: improve i2c client address spaces and their DT support

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 04:13:13PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 07/17/2015 08:08 AM, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> >As promised here is my RFC to improve address spaces for I2C. This should give
> >i2c seperate address spaces for standard clients, 10 bit clients, and our own
> >slave clients. So, you can now have a 7 bit slave at 0x50 and a 10 bit slave at
> >0x050. Or, you can have a slave driver listening at some address and at the
> >same time have a client driver talking to this address. Note that this is only
> >the core support for that separation, I am still not sure if there is hardware
> >being able talking to its own slave address, but we will see.
> >
> >This RFC and while I did some quick tests, it is not thoroughly tested. But I
> >wanted to push it out before I leave the computer for the weekend. It still
> >shows what path I chose to solve the problem. So, comments on that and further
> >testing are more than welcome!
> >
> >BTW Andrey, I did not modify your patch and couldn't get the i2c-slave-eeprom driver
> >to work with my Jetson TK1. Does this work for you?
>
> This approach makes sense to me.

\o/

> I'd expect patch 2/9 "dt-bindings: add header for generic I2C flags in
> bindings" to document the flags (or at least mention their existence, and
> point at the new header file) in the core I2C bindings document.

Yes. I forgot to say that docs are missing. I wanted to get some
feedback first. This series is a good reason to finally start the core
I2C binding document.

> Please consider the series,
> Acked-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> (ack rather than review since I didn't review patch 1, and mostly
> concentrated on reviewing the concepts of how slaves were represented rather
> than the coding details).

Thanks, exactly that I was looking for this RFC. Will try to send out
proper patches this week.