Re: HDMi out on Venice2

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 12:07:51PM -0700, Dylan Reid wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> Did you have to make any user-space changes to test the HDMI output on
> Venice2?  I've got your recent patch series and see the hdmi device
> being probed but I haven't figured out how to get X to use it.  I'm
> using the sample rootfs that was posted for the Jetson board.

I've used custom userspace, but I would expect regular X to work with
the patches as well. The sample rootfs probably comes with only the
NVIDIA Tegra X driver installed. Have you tried installing the
xf86-video-modesetting driver? That should automatically use the HDMI
output if it's connected to a monitor. If not you should still be able
to manually configure the outputs using xrandr.

> My goal is to be able to test the hdmi audio changes on this as well
> as our downstream kernel.

Note that while there's some code to support HDMI audio, nobody's ever
tested this upstream and it's likely not to work. So I think there may
be more work required to get that running. I can help out with that,
it's been on my list of things to do for a while.

Thierry