Question: DTS and redundant board IDs

Hello
As you certainly already have heard some manufacturers are using the same
board ID for multiple devices.
For instance, the NotionInk Adam registers as harmony board,
while it's pinmuxing differs in fact a lot.
My question:
How could this be handled by DTS?
ATM I'm compiling the kernel with only the adam board enabled, but I'd like to
integrate the muxing information into DTS in order to get it running on top
of upstream.

Any suggestions?

Thx a lot in advance

-lev