RE: Adding board support

Thierry Reding wrote at Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:08 PM:
> * Stephen Warren wrote:
> > Thierry Reding wrote at Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:08 AM:
> > > I've been working some on getting our boards to boot from a device tree.
> > > Unfortunately, the U-Boot issue seems to be more of a problem than I
> > > anticipated. Since the mainline U-Boot doesn't run properly,
> >
> > What issues are you having? I assume you're referring to something more
> > than just getting stuff flashed with nvflash.
>
> Flashing U-Boot is not the problem, but when booting the device, there's no
> output whatsoever on the debug port.

Just to close the loop on this in the mailing list archives, the issue is
now solved. The specific fix was to add "USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes" to the
make command used to build U-Boot. And just for the record (Thierry was
already trying this), CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE must match those nvflash and
fastboot.bin expect, which is 0x00108000 for the binaries shipped with our
Linux4Tegra alpha 1 release.

--
nvpublic