Re: [alsa-devel] Tegra ASoC, multiple boards, platform data, and conditionals in machine driver

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:18:17AM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:

> built. It also makes it harder to maintain a multiplatform kernel if
> configuration data is pulled in at build time instead of runtime (i.e.
> headers vs platform_data or similar).

Note that whatever option is chosen the configuration should be pulled
in at runtime, it's purely a question of where the data table goes - do
you pass the full thing through platform datra or do you just pass the
machine type.

>  In other words, I would prefer option (b) above.

Another thing to bear in mind is that it's only feasable to try to
combine the Tegra/WM8903 combinations - trying to combine machine
drivers for multiple unrelated CODECs isn't going to work well.