RE: ASoC HDMI codec location

Mark Brown wrote at Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:59 PM:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:29:59PM -0800, Stephen Warren wrote:
>
> > I see that a Samsung chip has such a codec in
> > drivers/video/sh_mobile_hdmi.c.
>
> That's not Samsung, that's Renesas' SuperH.

Yes, of course. I'd been looking at samsung/smdk_spdif.c and got the
two confused.

> > The equivalent for Tegra would be drivers/video/tegra/dc/hdmi.c. Note
> > that this location doesn't yet exist upstream. I just wanted to confirm
> > that this location makes sense to you, vs. implementing a codec in
> > sound/soc/tegra/hdmi.c, and having that call functions exposed by the
> > Tegra dc/hdmi.c driver?
>
> Note that the SH code has code in *both* locations - there's an ASoC
> driver that calls into the video driver as well under sound/soc/sh.

I see there's a machine driver there, which refers to the codec that's
implemented in drivers/video/sh_mobile_hdmi.c. I assume that's all you
mean.

> > Note that the SPDIF controller isn't involved in the Tegra Digital Audio
> > Switch muxing/switching module at all.
>
> Is the DMA shared?

Yes, I'm using the existing DMA driver unmodified (although this allocates
a separate DMA channel through the DMA controller's API), and currently
lumping the two dai_links into the same card.

--
nvpublic