Re: Tegra GPIOs, and the need for tegra_gpio_enable

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Stephen Warren <swarren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Erik Gilling wrote:
>> tegra_gpio_enable would normally belong in pinmuxing.  However because
>> pinmuxing is done per pin group and GPIOs are done per pin, I can't
>> think of a good way to do that.
>
> Perhaps doing this inside direction_{input,output} would make sense then?
>
> Those functions are explicitly to set up a GPIO for input/output, and one
> could argue that enabling GPIO functionality on the pin (which is a
> register within the GPIO module not the pinmux module) is part of that.

Sounds to me like a separate table could be a good way to do it
though, to have the configuration in one location for the board
instead of scattered around where various drivers are registered.

I.e. something similar to the current pinmux table, but not part of it.

-Olof