Re: clock cdev1 routing/parenting

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 04:03:40PM -0800, Stephen Warren wrote:

> What's your take; should I simply not implement a set_parent method for this
> clock? Perhaps harmony_pinmux[] could have some mux field value meaning "don't
> change the mux"?

One consideration here is that people doing more entertaining things
with clocks may want to change this dynamically at runtime - the clock
API might be nicer for this.  Ideally we'll at some point have clock
APIs which could automate some of the clock tree management, ideally
including selecting the most appropriate parent, but that's way in the
future.