inclusion of embedded controllers

Hi folks,

is there a general plan on how to include an embedded controller (e.g., for
keyboard, touchpad, power on/off, ...) in the tegra tree?

The older android trees have something like an interface for "nvec compliant"
controllers (whatever that means, docu available?) which is killed in the
newer kernel releases.

Is there some replacement planed or is it up to the board files/special
drivers to handle this.

I want to include a driver for the "ene kb926qf" controller found on e.g.
Toshiba AC100, but I'm not sure how to start.

Thanks for help

Egon